Here’s a festive and SUPER easy Valentines Day recipe that is perfect for a treat with your Galentines, or you can bag it up for a Valentine gift for your neighbor, kiddos, or friends.’
Any treats that just “scream” the holiday, and are easy to make, I am HERE FOR. I love this recipe for multiple reasons:
- It can be made with a minimum of 3 ingredients
- It is so festive (especially when you add more toppings)
- I didn’t have to physically cook anything
- I brought them to my friends kiddos and the excitement was SO REAL, it was the cutest thing ever
A couple tips + tricks to keep in mind!
It will be much easier to take the extra popcorn kernels out before you add the chocolate. A really easy way to do this is to cut a small hole in the top of the bag then hold the bag upside down and shake until the kernels are all out.
You will also want to make sure you add your toppings onto the chocolate popcorn immediately after you fold in the chocolate, that way it all dries together & your toppings stick.
I found lots of Valentines Day inspired candies from Target & Home Goods. Get creative with your toppings, it’s hard to go wrong here!
Cupid’s Pink Popcorn
Author: Tiffany // Easyylivin
PREP TIME: 20 MINCOOK TIME: 10 MININACTIVE TIME: 1 HOURTOTAL TIME: 1 H & 30 M
Here’s a festive and SUPER easy Valentines Day recipe that is perfect for a treat with your Galentines, or you can bag it up for a Valentines gift for your neighbor, kiddos or friends.
- 1 bag popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup pink melting chips
- 1/2 cup conversation hearts
- 1/2 cup Valentine M&Ms
- 1/2 cup Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Valentine candy corn
- Pop the popcorn in the microwave and remove any unpopped kernels by making a very small opening in the top of the bag, holding it upside down, and shaking until the unpopped kernels fall out.
- Add popcorn to a bowl and melt chocolate in a microwave-safe container for 60 seconds, stirring after 30 seconds, and then stirring after 10 seconds until completely melted. Be careful not to overheat and seize the chocolate.
- Gently fold the chocolate into the popcorn until it’s evenly coated, being careful not to break popcorn.
- Spread popcorn in an even layer on a piece of parchment paper, immediately sprinkle with toppings and allow to set for about one hour.
- It is ready to enjoy! Option to portion out and store in air tight sealed container
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @easyylivin on instagram and hashtag it #easyytreats
Check out this video to see how I made it!
JANUARY 28, 2021